Today I placed a few orders online and wanted to share it with y’all before its sold out! Sometimes shipping just takes forever and by the time I receive it, shoot it and post the content, a lot of the items may be sold out! That’s why I wanted to share this with you guys now and will try on the items/post on the gram when I style it!
This week I selected a few of my favorite picks from Princess Polly! I’m not getting paid for this blog post but as you gals already know, I am obsessed with Princess Polly!!! Also, I have a discount code – ‘katxo’ that you can use to get 20% of your order! (I do not make anything off of the discount code!)
Hopefully this brings some inspiration to your spring and summer wardrobe!
Let me know which one is your favorite!
I think this will be the first time I’m going to write down my new years resolutions as an adult. In the past, I would think of a few ideas here and there but I never took the TIME to write them down, let alone strategize how I plan to accomplish my goals. It is one thing to write down the goals but I think more importantly, I need to come up with ways and tactics that will help me achieve them. 2018 was a year of change – I faced many challenges, from personal to professional, physical, mental and emotional. So before I write down my 2019 resolutions, I also wanted to take time to reflect on 2018.
A recap of 2018:
- I left my first and only job out of college of 6 years, the job that I loved (for the most part), took me to Australia (the best 2 years of my life to date), and the job that consumed a big part of my life (in some strange ways, a job that had defined me)
- I moved in with my boyfriend of 7 years, living together for the first time in the US (we lived together for 1 year in Australia). This is the first time I’ve moved in with a significant other. To say that its been challenging is an understatement. Meshing two people’s lives and habits together was definitely harder than I could have ever imagined.
- In the last 3 months of 2018, I experienced many health scares- too many doctors (from a rheumatologist to an oncologist), hospitals, and needles. Racked up thousands in medical bills, even WITH insurance.
- I learned that even though I may be making more money and working less at my new job, I need to feel fulfillment more than I need money. This is one of the reasons why I started my Instagram and Blog…I needed an outlet, I needed to find something to fulfill me…drive me!
- I learned to value Time infinitely more. The pace of life changed…time is flying by faster and faster and all I want to do, is to be able to slow it down. I became greedy with time and learned that time is limited. I wish I just had more TIME.
- I learned that living super close to my family has its pros and cons.
- I realized that I need to focus on my health before anything else…I used to wake up early and spend my evenings on Instagram, engaging, brainstorming about content, doing research, etc and realized that it consumed me…It consumed my thoughts and at one point, my life. I chose the gram over my health.
- More than ever, I realized how much I need to get on a plane and travel- multiple times a year.
- I learned that change is good…in all aspects of life.
- Lastly, I learned that things don’t always turn out the way you had imagined it to, planned or hoped for. The unknown scares the shit out of me…especially being the planner that I am. But the unknown = endless possibilities and I learned that I need to let go…plan less…and let life surprise me.
Not going to lie…that was actually very therapeutic! This is the first time I’ve written down my reflections too. I think this will actually turn into two separate blog posts (sharing my 2019 new years resolutions next). I highly recommend taking an hour out of your day before this year is over to reflect on everything you’ve learned and experienced (good and bad). It’s way to easy to go through the motions of life and forget to take moments here and there to pause and reflect!! Although in my books, this was a tough year, I think I’ve grown the most. I’ve grown in more ways than I could have ever imagined (granted I’ve also shed more tears than all the previous years combined! haha) Some days I was an emotional mess, other days I was completely numb. But I was more human than I had ever been before.
“Material things lost can be found. But there is one thing that can never be found when it is lost – “Life”. -Steve Jobs
This is definitely my favorite time of the year! From the Christmas music, holiday decor, to the warm fuzzy feels… I live for the holidays!!! (My boyfriend is probably sick of my daily Christmas caroling by now…haha) There’s just something special about this time of year, to be gathered with family, friends, loved ones, and let’s not forget, our fur babies too! The holiday spirit is truly contagious!
I know I’ve been MIA for a while but I’ve set a goal for myself to upload a blog post once a week. So don’t worry I’ll be updating you gals soon on what’s been going on with my life, why I’ve taken a step back from Instagram (still posting but not spending ALL of my time on it), and the new perspectives I’ve gained over the past couple of months. I appreciate all the support and love you guys have given me, especially when I was sick. I am so genuinely grateful for all the sweet messages and prayers!! I AM feeling better and I’m learning to take better care of myself.
So with that quick update, let’s get back into the holiday spirit! Other than all the things I’ve already mentioned above, one MAIN reason of why I love this time of year is … having the excuse to dress up for all the holiday parties and festivities! YOU LADIES KNOW exactly what I’m talking about! Who doesn’t LOVE getting dolled up, shopping for gorgeous gowns and feeling like an absolutely princess!? (or QUEEN)! haha Honestly, I wish I had holiday parties to attend all throughout the year so I can wear pretty dresses/gowns every weekend!! (If you know of any jobs which would allow me to live out this fantasy, please DM me!) And yes, I have been browsing quite a bit…okay maybe I’ve been browsing a lot (because my birthday is also coming up in January) but I’ve found some gorgeous special occasion dresses that I wanted to share with you ladies! I would wear each and every one of these items below, probably just depends on what mood I’m in 😉 Hope you ladies enjoy and find some good inspo!
I’m coming back with another post for a fall must have…can you guess what it is!? I’ve been absolutely loving…obsessing over this look!! So….I’m talking about pleaded/wrap flowy skirts. I’ve seen these skirts styled beautifully with chunky cable knits and the juxtaposition of something super feminine and soft paired with a “bulkier” top just looks incredible! And let’s not forget how perfect these skirts go with sock booties 🙂
Also, I know animal print is HUGE this season and as someone who is not particularly in love with this trend, I think incorporating it in the form of a feminine flowy skirt is perfect. Because the print is already quite daring, its nice to tone it down a bit with the softer, more delicate look of a skirt. Since I was on ASOS yesterday, I also found a few beautiful pieces below to share with you. Enjoy!!!